Whether you’re a fun e-commerce company or a traditional B2B brand, creating social media videos is now essential for everyone.
Uploading a picture on your Instagram or Facebook account once a week with a meh caption and calling it a day — is no longer enough. You need a comprehensive social media marketing strategy in place, in which you incorporate social media videos as much as possible.
Still not convinced? Let’s take a look at some numbers:
- According to a study by HubSpot, 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. The same study shows that branded video content is more memorable for consumers as opposed to photo and text-based content.
- According to Wyzowl’s 2020 video survey, 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. And video is reaping excellent rewards for them:
- 87% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website.
- 95% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- And a whopping 80% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales.
- Now let’s talk about social media:
- Tweets with video attract 10x more engagements than tweets without video.
- 70% of marketers plan to use video marketing on Facebook in 2021.
- LinkedIn users are 20x more likely to share a video on the platform than any other type of post
- Pinterest users are 2.6x more likely to make a purchase after viewing brand video content on the platform
So research suggests that social video is on the rise.
But many in-house teams don’t always have the budget and resources to meet demands of creating high volumes of social media videos. Luckily, there are tons of online Social Video Makers that can help in-house teams create more videos.
However, as there are so many to choose from, you need to have a set of criteria to choose the right video maker for your business. After all, in-house marcomm teams have different needs from SMBs and freelancers.
So how can you choose the right social media video maker for your company?
To get started, you’ll want to ask yourself these 6 questions:
What are the different types of social media Videos you need to create?
First things first, what are the different types of social media videos your company needs to invest in?
The most commonly-created types of video are explainer videos (72%), presentation videos (49%), testimonial videos (48%), sales videos (42%) and video ads (42%).
There are also teasers, event recap videos, fun time lapse videos, interviews, live videos, and so much more that brands can experiment with.
The first step to figuring out which social media videos you need to create, is identifying and outlining the goal of your video.
Would you like to increase awareness and engagement?
- Would you like to increase conversions or send users to a dedicated landing page?
- Are you looking to evoke emotions within your audience? Here’s a great video by Dennys that tugs at all the right heartstrings. #brbcrying
- Are you looking to educate your audience? Sephora does an excellent job at uploading tutorial social media videos in a lot of different forms:
- Or are you just looking to add some fun to your social media game? Like Warby Parker here:
Once you’ve figured out your goals, choose a video editing software that can guide you through your different video content creation needs by…
- Giving you access to pre-made video structures and templates
- Handing you out pre-made effects (such as motion design transitions) to add oomph to your video content
- Helping you choose the right video specs for the different Social Media platforms where you’ll be uploading your video (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram…)
- Defining how long should a social media video be?
Can you customise your videos through your video editor?
With so many brands clambering for attention on social media and competition increasing with every passing day, brands need to create personalized branded videos on social media to stand out. The best videos are always customised and personalised with brand graphics.
So you need to choose a social media video maker that allows you to upload your brand's graphic charter (logo, colors, fonts, etc.) to the app, apply it to every video you create afterwards, and lets you edit video easily. Choosing a good video tool is important.
You need a tool that automates it and doesn’t make you add your brand information again and again for every video. Because, honestly, who has time for that?
Is your social media video creator easy to use?
As a marcomm, using complex, technical video editing tools can easily give you a headache, especially if your team has a lot of video novices. Anything with a steep learning curve, and they’re running off in the opposite direction.
That's why your video editing program needs to be simple and intuitive, and give you access to easy-to-use premium features, such as…
- Drag-and-drop editing, helping you add sequences and video clips with just a click
- Zoom, trimming and speed up options
- Fun, professional video transitions and video effects
- Ability to add music, sound-effects, animations and voice-over
- Personalized overlays and subtitles, to help your audience view your content without turning the sound on
- Access to a premium stock media library (pictures, videos, music, etc.)
And if it offers dedicated support to help you create the best social media video content ever, then that’s cherry on top.
How many team members will use your social media video creation tool?
- How big is your team?
- How many members and departments of your company will need to create videos?
- How many users will use your social media video making tool?
- How many team members are responsible for editing the video?
A powerful video is an essential weapon of every organization. Nearly every part of your business may need to use your video editing software; there’s marketing and communications, of course, but also HR (to post CSR or recruitment videos) and sales departments that need to create videos for various purposes.
If that's the case in your company, your tool needs to…
- Be accessible from all devices, be it a laptop, a big clunky computer, or the latest iPhone, and allows everyone to edit videos with ease.
- Give you access to multiple accounts for each user, or even different accounts for the different teams that use it to make videos for marketing and business.
- Include collaboration features: for instance, PlayPlay includes a feature where internal users can comment on a video to review it before it is published.
- Be easy to use. Not everyone can go through a steep learning curve, and learn how to use complex video editors such as Adobe Premiere or Final-Cut Pro, so you need a tool that’s easy to use for all.
How much budget have you allocated for a video creation software?
Now you’ve decided the different features you’d like your social media video maker to have, the next step is allocating a budget for it. You may need other video marketing tools. Check out the full list!
Depending on your budget, you can choose between 3 main types of social media video creation tools:
- A free video editing software: while cost-effective, it may not include high-quality templates or features, and will not give you support if you need it, apart from a few tutorials.
- A video creation software: most aren’t intuitive and have a steep learning curve. A premium SaaS video editor: not only does this include collaborative features, customization tools, but it also gives teams full access to a dedicated support team.
Check out our top social media video tips. This will help you create engaging videos for your community.
Excited to start creating videos for social media?
Over 80% of all internet traffic will consist of video by 2021. And we’re already quarter of a way through it.
So are you ready to smash your marketing and business goals with the help of online video?
Well then start creating professional videos with PlayPlay’s free trial! No need to invest your hard-earned dollars initially — you can take advantage of the free trial to see if it works for your business goals and your team.