5 million views in 10 days.
That’s what happened when Greggs introduced their new sausage roll through a marketing video in 2019.
And let’s not forget the mark Dollar Shave Club made in the world of video marketing--some deem it one of the greatest animated marketing videos ever made.
Video has the potential to go big. To go viral. To rack up millions of views (plus engagement and conversions).
Today’s online marketing space is noisier than ever (especially with the rise of social media) and standing out from the competition is extremely difficult. This is where video comes in. Video has exploded in the digital sphere, especially social media. Social media platforms are coming out with new features every second day to encourage creators to create video.
Because it truly works.
According to a recent survey, 87% of video marketers reported that video gives them a positive ROI. And that’s not it. 94% of marketers agree that videos have helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
Video has always been an excellent way to build brand awareness, create a strong brand storytelling experience, and smash business goals, but there’s a downside: it can be expensive, difficult to produce, and time-consuming.
Still not convinced? Read on.
What are the key benefits of video marketing?
B2B video marketing is not just a new fad - it has shown excellent results for brands who include video in their marketing efforts.
Let’s discuss some video marketing stats (so you can help convince your boss to start investing in video ASAP!)
- Video increases website conversions and sales opportunities. Afterall, marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users. According to a recent report, 93% percent of brands have reported acquiring a new customer through their video marketing strategy on social media.
- Video helps in social media marketing, as well. It gets more reach on social media, as algorithms prioritize video content. This in turn helps to grow an active following and create an engaged community on social media.
- 71% of consumers prefer video over other marketing content. So using video in different marketing channels helps brands provide the content format that people want to see and will pay attention to. It also helps reach decision makers at different companies more easily.
- Videos help boost how your key messages are memorized. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. And if you’re in a complicated niche, videos help your audience understand complex products or services, as well!
- Video boosts organic search engine rankings. According to a study by Forrester Research, video is 50 times more likely to achieve organic page ranks in Google than plain text results.
- Video is an excellent way to boost email marketing performance. Did you know, including a video in your email can increase your email click-through rate by up to 300%?
- Video helps drive website traffic. Creating shorter product videos and promotional videos and putting them on your website is a great way to drive extra traffic to your website. After all, videos appear in 52% of Google keyword searches!
- Videos are key for personalization. They’re a great way to build a strong brand online with an authentic personality. This further helps to humanize your brand and win your consumers trust.
What are the main types of video marketing?
Now, first things first, what are the different kinds of videos you can create to further your marketing objectives?
Educational and explainer videos
The most common, and one of the most effective, types of video is an educational or explainer video. If you like surfing on social media, you’ve probably seen plenty of these videos. Brands in all industries are big on leveraging educational video marketing content to boost their achievements, for example in the energy sector in terms of renewable marketing.
One such example is Palo Alto Software Inc.’s ‘Live Plan’ explainer video.
Tutorial, how-to, and demo videos
Similar to educational videos, brands are also fond of creating tutorial and demo videos. And they’re seeing excellent results.
According to Google, how-to videos earn the most attention of any content category on YouTube!
Huda Beauty, with close to 50 million followers, is a big believer in creating tutorial videos in the beauty niche and each of her videos amass a huge number of likes, comments and reshares.
Company culture videos
When you’d like to work with the best of the best, creating a great company culture video matters. It encourages prospective employees to apply for a position by giving them a taste of life at your company.
BaseCamp’s company culture video is a great example of such videos.
Case study and testimonial videos
According to Dimensional Research, 90% of buyers who read positive customer success content claimed that it influenced their purchasing decisions.
And that’s not it. 89% of marketers say that customer testimonials and case studies are the most effective content forms for influencing purchases.
The regular use of testimonials can help you generate a whopping 62% more revenue from every customer, not just once, but every time they visit your site.
So if you’re not actively leveraging your testimonials and reviews via video, you’re leaving money on the table.
A product video’s main objective is to help customers relate to your brand and give them an inside look at what your product does. Product videos are essential to forging a lasting connection with consumers.
Afterall, 73% more visitors who watch product videos will make a purchase.
Man Crates does a great job at creating an entertaining product video that showcases what the consumer can expect to receive in the box!
Town Hall meetings, trade shadows, online charity events — you can create an event highlight video for pretty much any kind of event.
And you should.
Event videos, whether you’re creating a highlights video or a teaser, are an excellent and cost effective marketing tactic for your future events. They don’t just help you attract more attendees, but also help you get influential personalities to speak or participate at your event. Curious to learn more on building an effective video marketing strategy?
💡 PlayPlay Pro Tip
Once you upload videos to a platform like YouTube, make sure to also develop a video SEO strategy? Never heard of it before? No worries, we've got you covered!
SEO stands for search engine optimization. Whenever you create a new blog post or a text page for your website, search engine bots scan your site to measure the relevancy of your page’s content. For video SEO, marketers need to adapt their SEO strategy and keyword research to complement the requirements and guidelines of their respective video hosting platforms.
Video isn’t going anywhere anytime soon – consumers are expecting more and more of it. If you’d like to keep up with the competition and grow your brand in this highly competitive market, you need to start including video content in your marketing arsenal.
But with time and money constraints, how to make a marketing video that get results?
By investing in the right video editing and creation tools, like PlayPlay. With a huge range of templates, music options, text animations, graphics, and so much more, PlayPlay enables communication teams to turn any message into a compelling video!
Try it for yourself with our 7-day free trial!