Animation lends a playful, memorable touch to marketing videos, letting viewers know your business isn’t all business.
In the past, creating custom animations styles was time-consuming and expensive, making it unrealistic for most in-house marketing teams to produce their own. Not anymore. Producing animated videos is much easier today. Many companies with a defined product vision now use a DIY approach to create quick, effective marketing videos that bring a business to life.
In this post, discover great examples of animated marketing videos, as well as the best practices to create your own.
Why use animated marketing videos?
It seems like the demand for video is endless, and audiences expect high-quality videos on a regular basis. No matter the topic or industry, animated videos are a great way to keep up with demand – a whopping 87% of video marketers say that video helps boost ROI [MC1] . Check out this blog post on video marketing statistics to find more key figures.
Not only are DIY animated videos less expensive than agency produced videos: the bold, graphic look of animations is great for making a complicated idea more digestible.
Another upside of animated videos is the chance to showcase your brand’s unique look and point of view—creating memorable videos that stay with your audience and solidify your brand’s persona. The benefits of video marketing are pretty much convincing, aren't they?
Draw inspiration from these unique animated videos
When it comes to animated B2B video marketing, the only limit is your imagination. However, there are a few main categories of animated videos that marketing teams turn to again and again. Here are a few examples to inspire your own brand content strategy.
Animated Explainer Videos
Why answer your audience’s questions with a piece of written text when you could create a concise, eye-catching video to do the same thing? Animated videos lend themselves well to explaining topics or guiding audiences through a process. Here are a few examples of how-to videos that exemplify the effective, to-the-point messaging viewers appreciate.
With a snappy title and whimsical animations, this video only needs one minute to answer audience questions about what the business does—and how it could help the viewer make their own business more successful.
In this example, simplicity is key. The narration is short and to the point, and the images aren’t overwhelming. Bonus: the video ends with a clear call-to-action, leaving no doubt about what viewers should do next.
This video does a great job of taking a subject we all know well – the challenges of working remotely with a team — and turns it into a fun, insightful video. As well as offering concise tips and tricks, the video leaves the viewer wanting more, inspiring them to read the full article the animation is based on.
Sales Pitch Videos
Making your product or business stand out from the crowd, and convincing viewers to take a second look, is key to any successful sales pitch. Few things grab an audience’s attention like a well-designed, animated sales pitch, like this example from Mint.com.
A great sales pitch is short and sweet, and this video doesn’t waste any time making a case for why viewers should sign up for the service. After just a minute and a half, the audience has a clear idea of what features the service provides, all in a clean, classic-looking video.
Ending with a sign-up link and an image of the company’s logo ensures that the message comes across and viewers know what to do next.
Great promotional videos generate interest and excitement. Animated videos are a perfect way to create a one-of-a-kind branding moment that showcases the essence of a business and gets audiences enthusiastic about what’s to come.
This video, promoting Google Voice, is one example of how animation can be used to explain a complex idea in a simple, straightforward way. Chances are, most people don’t spend time thinking about the intricacies of standard telephony systems, but this video makes it easy to see how the way we communicate could be improved.
It’s not surprising that Spotify, an audio streaming service, would create a promotional video that casts music as the star. The soundtrack is accompanied by vibrant animations and the brand’s signature green colour is used throughout, making this a great example of how animated videos can be used to bring a brand’s visual signature to life.
A few tips to create your own animated marketing videos
Curious to know how to make a marketing video? Creating an impactful animated marketing video relies on a few simple rules.
- First, like any piece of content, animated videos shine best when the creators know the audience to a tee. You can easily tailor the look and feel of a video to suit the tastes of your target audience—a more subdued video for a business audience, for example, or an exuberant, bright video for younger viewers. Pay also attention to the industry you are talking to! For example, in energy sector you could talk about renewable marketing videos whereas this topic is not relevant in other industries
- It also pays to know the objectives of the video beforehand too, that way you won’t veer from your intended point. Stick to your goals and an effective animated video is sure to follow.
- Prep work is also key; create a storyboard and a script beforehand, so the work of creating a video is streamlined as much as possible.
- Once you are ready to create a video, choosing simple, high-quality editing tools like PlayPlay will make all the difference. Look for tools that contain pre-made animations and an intuitive interface.
- And, don’t forget about the sound! Getting the sound and music just right is as important as the look of the final product.
- Lastly, adding subtitles helps ensure that the maximum number of viewers can engage with your video.
Over to you
Adding great animation to your videos can take your results from 0 to 100. But don’t take our word for it. Ready to incorporate awesome animation into your own video? Try a 7-day free trial of PlayPlay to bring your videos to life!